Search Documents

 Exact Phrase
Change Currency
First Name


Quality Endorsed Legal Practice
Safe Secure Purchase

This site is secured by a RapidSSL.

Visa Mastercard Amex
Rapid SSL

First Home Owner Grant FHOG - Application Form

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader


Origin of this document

This document was created by the State Revenue Office of Victoria (SRO).  It can also be accessed through the SRO website (see under "Links" below).

Purpose of this document

This document is used to make application for the First Home Owner Grant.

Completing this document

This document should be completed in accordance with the instructions attached.

IMPORTANT: See our "Consumer Alert" regarding situations that could amount to fraud in relation to the changing of dates in First Home Owner Grant application documents.  CLICK HERE

Submitting this document

Whoever takes charge of the Transfer of Land and other documents at settlement will also submit your First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) application document on your behalf.

If funds are required for settlement

If you will need the FHOG funds for settlement you MUST submit you FHOG application through your lender well in advance, and you must make arrangements with your lender to ensure that the FHOG funds will be taken into account for settlement purposes.

You cannot use the FHOG funds for settlement purposes unless you are also obtaining finance through a lender who is also an authorised agent for FHOG purposes.  Self-funding purchasers must claim the FHOG retrospectively.

Submitting this document through your lender

If you are borrowing funds for settlement this document MUST be submitted through your lender.  At settlement your lender will collect all documents, and will arrange for the payment of stamp duty to the State Revenue Office.  It is at this time that your claim for the FHOG application is lodged.

It is most important that you complete the document in full, deliver it to your lender with your mortgage documents, and have your lender confirm that it is satisfied with the details you have provided.  (It is common for lenders to discover that the names appearing in the mortgage documents differ from the names the borrower has entered in the FHOG application - having the lender check the FHOG application early can save problems and expense at settlement time.)

Submitting this document through your lawyer/conveyancer

If you are borrowing funds for settlement see "Submitting this document through your lender" above.  If you do not have a lender involved in your purchase your lawyer or conveyancer will receive the Transfer of Land and other documents at settlement, and will arrange for stamping and lodging on your behalf.  You must ensure that you have completed your FHOG and delivered it to your lawyer/conveyancer well before settlement, so that it can be checked and OK'd.

Submitting this document yourself

If you do not submit your FHOG through your lender or lawyer/conveyancer, you may lodge the application yourself.  Take careful note of the "Supporting Evidence" requirements set out in Lodgement guide (see under "LINKS" below).

Customer Login
Forgot your password?
Shopping Cart

No